Lauren Beukes discusses her career, fantastic South African writers, and her latest project, “Marvel’s Jessica Jones: Playing with Fire”Lauren Beukes is an Arthur C Clare Award winner from South Africa. Prior to her career in fiction, Beukes cut her teeth as a journalist; a background which has given her fiction a sense of realism...Nicholas Yanes June 18, 2020 390 0
- BooksA fan of science fiction, fantasy, and horror as a kid, Owl Goingback was also a writer in his youth. But he took time away from writing when he enlisted in the Air Force. He’d begin...Nicholas Yanes June 13, 2020 543 0
Robert J. Sawyer talks about the business of publishing and his latest novel, “The Oppenheimer Alternative”Robert J. Sawyer is a Canadian science-fiction writer who has authored dozens of novels. His novel, FlashForward, was adapted into the ABC show of the same name, and he has earned Hugo and Nebula awards. I...Nicholas Yanes June 4, 2020 509 0
- BooksTo describe Lindsay Smith as just an author would be correct, but would not cover Smith’s amazing background and knowledge. Possessing a passion for Russian history, cybersecurity, and politics, Smith’s always presents worlds that have deep...Nicholas Yanes May 15, 2020 285 0
- FeatureWith a passion for story telling since childhood, Sina Grace is a lifelong Angeleno who writes and draws comic books as well as crafts web series. Partially based on his life, Self-Obsessed is Grace’s web series...Nicholas Yanes April 21, 2020 685 0
- MiscellaneousBIRMINGHAM, Ala. – April 20, 2020 – Kyle Sullivan and Katie Boyer, the creators of the Trekspertise channel on YouTube, are branching out from their popular video essays on science fiction and Star Trek. The duo...Nicholas Yanes April 21, 2020 484 0
- SF-TV & Movie NewsSeattle – Hello Neighbor has gotten its own Animated Series! This last week tinyBuild aired the Test Pilot, a 6 minute proof of concept episode that showcased the setup, the animation, and gave you an idea...Nicholas Yanes April 20, 2020 374 0
- InterviewsDanny Matier’s IMDB page reveals him to be a Swiss Army knife of talent. He has worked as an actor, a producer, a set decorator, a production designer, and a director. But his true passion is...Nicholas Yanes April 19, 2020 626 0
- Games & Merch
Gameforge Celebrates World Health Day with Special In-Game Events and Unlockables Across Several of its Most Popular Multiplayer Online GamesKARLSRUHE, GERMANY (APRIL, 2020) – Gameforge — one of the leading Western publishers of popular multiplayer free-to-play online games, including AION, NosTale, Metin 2, OGame, SoulWorker, and TERA — is proud to announce today that it is...Nicholas Yanes April 10, 2020 393 0
- FeatureScifiPulse has a reoccurring feature called “Re-Launch, Reboot, or Re-Imagine” in which we discuss different ways a show could be brought back and how to do so. I want to do something different this time. This...Nicholas Yanes April 3, 2020 4629 12
- Games & MerchKingdom Two Crowns Coming April 28 to iOS & Android Pre-order the acclaimed micro-strategy game today, tailored for co-op on mobile devices! STOCKHOLM — April 2, 2020 — Mobile monarchs, mark thy calendar, for Kingdom Two...Nicholas Yanes April 3, 2020 431 0
- InterviewsIn addition to having an impressive academic background as well as a PhD in Film Theory from Trinity College Dublin, Neasa Hardiman is an incredibly talented director and writer who has worked in television and film....Nicholas Yanes April 1, 2020 1145 0
SciFiPulse Radio brings you all the latest news and interview from the world of comic, television, film and web series<br /><hr><p style='color:grey;font-size:0.75em'> See <a style='color:grey' target='_blank' rel='noopener noreferrer' href='https://acast.com/privacy'>acast.com/privacy</a> for privacy and opt-out information.</p>
SFP-NOW Reviews Star Trek: Picard & Project Blue Book
by IC and MP
Welcome to another episode of SFP-NOW. Where we delve into some scifi goodness and give our thoughts on some of the most current shows happening.
This episode sees Raissa and Ian give their thoughts on ‘Star Trek: Picard’, which finished its run late last month on CBS All Access and Amazon Prime. We discuss how Una McCormacks book ‘Picard: The Last Best Hope’ enhanced our enjoyment of the series by filling in many of the backstory elements that were mentioned in the series.
We also discuss History Channel’s ‘Project Blue Book’, which ended its second season on a fantastic cliffhanger, but also introduced some intriguing new characters and themes to the show.
And we wrap things up with Ian’s thoughts on the UK version of Disney +, which launched in the UK on March 23 and has been a godsend while everyone has been in lockdown due to Covid 19.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
Search Results placeholder