- FeatureThe vast majority of video game industry is in North America, parts of Asia, and Europe. Though this seems to cover a lot of ground, video game production is typically localized to specific areas – with...Nicholas Yanes October 17, 2015 1912 0
- BooksDanica Davidson has published thousands of articles over her career as a journalist. After having written for MTV, The Onion, CNN, and over fifty other publications, Davidson is moving into the world of novels. Inspired by...Nicholas Yanes October 7, 2015 2669 0
- BooksA New York City native, Tom Calen holds a degree in English and spent several years in public relations before abandoning all reason and deciding to write full-time. He is the author of the bestselling horror...Nicholas Yanes October 6, 2015 1865 0
- Comic Book News & ReviewsStephen Scott Beau Smith is more than just a man with a one-of-a-kind name, he is a writer with four decades of experience in the comics industry. Starting off as just a fan who wrote letters...Nicholas Yanes September 30, 2015 3461 0
- BooksThe Martian is not only shaping up to be an incredible movie, but based on Andy Weir’s self-published novels, it is another example of how self-published novels are gaining more and more traction in the literary...Nicholas Yanes September 28, 2015 3332 1
- BooksThe Horror Writers Association (HWA), the premier organization of writers and publishers of horror and dark fantasy, today announced the launch of its “Alone Is Scary” campaign to support the American Society for the Prevention of...Nicholas Yanes September 28, 2015 1362 0
Interview: Tyler and Spencer Owen discuss creating Random Seed Games, Indie Gaming, and Game Development in IowaFounded in 2009, Random Seed Games is made up of two brothers – Tyler and Spencer Owen – and is located in Iowa. After first creating Protobotic, the studio created the critically acclaimed game TIMEframe. Fascinated...Nicholas Yanes September 24, 2015 2374 0
Interview: Simon Papineau on Global Eagle Entertainment’s unique approach to entertainment development and the game, “The Incredibles: Jack-Jack’s Escape”After leaving the confines of the arcade, videogames have expanded into our homes, our computers, and our smart phones. However, like most forms of joy, videogames have long been blocked from having a presence on airplanes....Nicholas Yanes September 18, 2015 3249 0
Interview: James Heldridge, Co-Founder of eSports Hero, discusses his company and the eSports IndustryWith eSports moving out of a few scattered basements and dorm rooms to become a growing sports industry, a multitude of companies and startups are moving to invest in this area. One such company is eSports...Nicholas Yanes September 16, 2015 3605 0
- Comic Book News & ReviewsThe Citizens graphic novel Kickstarter campaign is now live! Citizens is a steampunk graphic novel by writer Roland Mann (Cat & Mouse, Miss Fury, Demon’s Tails) and artist Joe Badon (Terra Kaiju, Outside the Lines). “While...Nicholas Yanes September 14, 2015 1412 0
- FeatureIn August, 2015, a video went viral in online groups centered on comic books and superheroes. This video was a trailer for a comic book series called Raising Dion. Created by Dennis Liu and produced by...Nicholas Yanes August 31, 2015 2659 0
- FeatureRoss Hersemann is a graduate of the John Marshall Law School in Chicago. He is the founder of Loading Law – an organization with the purpose of providing analysis of developing legal issues with video games,...Nicholas Yanes August 18, 2015 4663 2
SciFiPulse Radio brings you all the latest news and interview from the world of comic, television, film and web series<br /><hr><p style='color:grey;font-size:0.75em'> See <a style='color:grey' target='_blank' rel='noopener noreferrer' href='https://acast.com/privacy'>acast.com/privacy</a> for privacy and opt-out information.</p>
SFP-NOW Reviews Star Trek: Picard & Project Blue Book
by IC and MP
Welcome to another episode of SFP-NOW. Where we delve into some scifi goodness and give our thoughts on some of the most current shows happening.
This episode sees Raissa and Ian give their thoughts on ‘Star Trek: Picard’, which finished its run late last month on CBS All Access and Amazon Prime. We discuss how Una McCormacks book ‘Picard: The Last Best Hope’ enhanced our enjoyment of the series by filling in many of the backstory elements that were mentioned in the series.
We also discuss History Channel’s ‘Project Blue Book’, which ended its second season on a fantastic cliffhanger, but also introduced some intriguing new characters and themes to the show.
And we wrap things up with Ian’s thoughts on the UK version of Disney +, which launched in the UK on March 23 and has been a godsend while everyone has been in lockdown due to Covid 19.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
Search Results placeholder