- FeaturePlay Insurgency: Sandstorm’s Newest Update Free on Steam Until April 1 Focus Home Interactive & New World Interactive’s tactical FPS is 50% off for a limited time! PARIS — March 26, 2020 — Insurgency: Sandstorm, the...Nicholas Yanes March 27, 2020 281 0
- BooksLewis Call is a professor history at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. Call’s research interests in Intellectual History, Anarchism, History of Sexuality, and Science Fiction Studies. After publishing various articles on Buffy the Vampire...Nicholas Yanes March 25, 2020 1730 0
- Miscellaneous‘Beached’ is the only series added to Screen Rant’s list of the Top 10 SXSW Films Worth the Wait “Beached is an exception on the list, but a worthy one …” “The series boasts impressive and...Nicholas Yanes March 17, 2020 389 0
- InterviewsTodd Klick is a Swiss Army Knife of talent. In addition to writing and publishing two books about writing, Something Startling Happens: The 120 Story Beats Every Writer Needs to Know and Beat By Beat: A...Nicholas Yanes March 11, 2020 717 0
- SF-TV & Movie News
Disney and Pixar’s “Onward” To Be First Movie Available With Audio Description On The TheaterEars AppBURBANK, Calif. -Mar 8, 2020—TheaterEars and The Walt Disney Studios announced that Disney and Pixar’s Onward will be the first movie ever to have Audio Description available on the TheaterEars app, enabling moviegoers with visual impairments...Nicholas Yanes March 8, 2020 343 0
Anthology being Kickstarted to feature bestselling science fiction/fantasy authors who were guests of the Aurora Award-winning podcast The WorldshapersAuthor, publisher, and podcaster Edward Willett is tackling an ambitious project: an anthology, Shapers of Worlds, that will feature stories by some of today’s top authors of science fiction and fantasy, many of them international bestsellers....Nicholas Yanes March 6, 2020 345 0
- BooksBorn in Birmingham, England, raised in Storrs, Connecticut, and now living in (and possibly protecting) Brooklyn (from evil), Liz Braswell is a science fiction fan who is also an amazing novelist. Under several pennames Braswell has...Nicholas Yanes February 17, 2020 645 0
- BooksAllison Palumbo is a fellow alumnus from Florida State University who also studies popular culture and who has also fled the state of Florida. (We can run, but the Florida will always find us.) After earning...Nicholas Yanes February 14, 2020 674 0
- Games & MerchDefy gravity, fear and oppression in the upcoming new major update for Long Hat House’s award-winning metroidvania platformer STOCKHOLM — Feb. 6, 2020 — Raw Fury and indie developer Long Hat House have announced Dandara: Trials...Nicholas Yanes February 7, 2020 287 0
- BooksAfter six years at the Cartoon Network, Mark McCray became a Senior Manger of Programming Operations at Adult Swim. McCray is not only one of the lucky few who turned something he loved into a career,...Nicholas Yanes January 31, 2020 674 0
- BooksJulia Round is a principal lecturer of media and communication at Bournemouth University. But just as important as being fully employed is that Round is also a huge fan of science fiction, fantasy, and most aspects...Nicholas Yanes January 28, 2020 701 0
- BooksI last interviewed John Langan in 2017 about his novel The Fisherman. He has since become a high school teacher and Diversion Books reprinted his 2009 novel, House of Windows. Additionally, he has recently released a...Nicholas Yanes January 19, 2020 788 0
SciFiPulse Radio brings you all the latest news and interview from the world of comic, television, film and web series<br /><hr><p style='color:grey;font-size:0.75em'> See <a style='color:grey' target='_blank' rel='noopener noreferrer' href='https://acast.com/privacy'>acast.com/privacy</a> for privacy and opt-out information.</p>
SFP-NOW Reviews Star Trek: Picard & Project Blue Book
by IC and MP
Welcome to another episode of SFP-NOW. Where we delve into some scifi goodness and give our thoughts on some of the most current shows happening.
This episode sees Raissa and Ian give their thoughts on ‘Star Trek: Picard’, which finished its run late last month on CBS All Access and Amazon Prime. We discuss how Una McCormacks book ‘Picard: The Last Best Hope’ enhanced our enjoyment of the series by filling in many of the backstory elements that were mentioned in the series.
We also discuss History Channel’s ‘Project Blue Book’, which ended its second season on a fantastic cliffhanger, but also introduced some intriguing new characters and themes to the show.
And we wrap things up with Ian’s thoughts on the UK version of Disney +, which launched in the UK on March 23 and has been a godsend while everyone has been in lockdown due to Covid 19.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
Search Results placeholder