Adam Solo and Hugo Rosado of SpaceSector and Praxis Games are proud to announce that Interstellar Space: Genesis – their spiritual successor to Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares – is launching today on Steam, Humble, and itch.io!
In addition to the classic space 4X gameplay – perfected over an extended public Alpha throughout the past year – Interstellar Space: Genesis also features stirring visuals, nearly endless replayability, memorable alien species and locations, and a truly stellar soundtrack by Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth) and Neon Dolphin’s Ryan McQuinn.
ENGINES OF CREATION
“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
– Carl Sagan
At its core, Interstellar Space: Genesis is a turn-based space 4X strategy game in which you attempt to build a thriving galactic empire. Discover mysteries among the stars, colonize procedurally-generated worlds, and engage enemies in tactical turn-based combat on your journey to becoming Ruler of the Galaxy.
Interstellar Space: Genesis takes classic turn-based space 4X strategy mechanics, adds in a few twists of its own, and tosses in several brand-new mechanics to create a truly unique entry into the genre. The game’s classic 4X gameplay – featuring modern quality of life features – mostly avoids burdensome micromanagement, which has become a staple of 4X strategy titles.
“The day is finally here. We have worked so incredibly hard to get to this point – a finished game in the hands of everyone who has believed in the dream of Interstellar Space: Genesis. Hugo and I were raised on space 4X, in particular, Master of Orion and Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares – so delivering an epic game in the same vein to strategy fans like us is thrilling beyond belief.”
– Adam Solo (Co-Founder, Praxis Games)
“I was always very serious about space, to the point of actually working in the European Space Agency and a private aerospace space company as well. Interstellar Space: Genesis is our gift to space 4X fans who wished for years on end for a modern take on Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares. Well, friends – the wait is over!”
– Hugo Rosado (Co-Founder, Praxis Games)
- Turn-based tactical combat with extensive ship customization and free space-based movement with range limits.
- Soundtrack by Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle) and Ryan McQuinn (Lotia, Dungeons & Doritos, Call of Cthulhu Mystery Program, Liberty: Vigilance, Dark Dice).
- Custom alien races with specific planet types, unique leaders, and random tech trees for each civilization.
- Deep colony development, terraforming, and diplomacy systems.
- Varied exploration mechanics and freedom to define a civilization’s wants and needs.
- A complex economic model with asteroid mining, space tourism, and more!
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Interstellar Space: Genesis is now available on Steam, itch.io, and Humble for $29.99 / €27.99 / £22.99.